"No priority is better or worse - it's your definition of success that matters and on one else's - and each one calls for a different approach. This sentence really hit me deep. As a people pleaser, I constantly struggle to maintain a balance with my passions; with what truly makes me happy. I tend to put others' desires before mine which drains the living hell out of me. Last year I applied to a technical college and was admitted first thing. I only did this to try to please a person whose real name I shall not mention... let's just use Frank as their name. Frank is the father of my best friend and has always shown disappointment towards my art education. I applied to this stupid college because I thought if I dropped everything that I had in Commerce to pursue a career in electrical engineering, Frank would finally approve of me; he will finally respect my work. Well, am I really stupid enough to do this? Sort of. I began the process of talking to academic adviso...
Comments
Post a Comment