Career Development

When do you plan on graduating? 

I plan to graduate in December of this year, 2021.

What are your plans and goals for after graduation? Please be as specific as possible. How do you plan on making a living? 

After I graduate, I plan to enter the FBI academy to pursue a career as an FBI special agent. By the time I graduate, I would have already been working toward meeting every requirement to apply for a special agent position with the FBI. From what I read, the application process takes up to a year to complete. I have full confidence that I will be offered a job in the FBI. So, I plan to make my living this way. The starting salary for an agent at an entry-level position is 43,705.


Establish a budget for yourself, post-graduation. What does it cost to live in a manner that you’d be comfortable with? Again, be specific. Do you have school loans, credit card debt? Need insurance? A place to live?

I would like to implement the 50/30/20 budget rule in my life post-graduation. I would spend 50% after-tax pay on needs, 30% on wants, and 20% on savings or paying off debt. 

I will move out of my family's house after I land a permanent stable job. With the credit that I have been building since last year, I plan to rent an apartment.

Do you require any special equipment to make your work or start your business (for example, a woodshop, studio, video equipment, cameras, computers, printers) that might be cost-prohibitive or difficult to access after you graduate? If so, what kind? 


Name five people that will write letters of recommendation for you?

Leigh Merrill, Chad Smith, Linda Jena, Erika Woodruff, David Morgan, Brandon Hudson

What kind of job would you most like to find? 
I would like to find a job that will pay well for an entry-level position.


What kind of job do you expect to find? 

I expect to find a job where my hours are flexible, 

Name either a dozen potential employers, clients, or galleries, depending on your goals. 

Do you plan to live off freelance work or commissions (perhaps in addition to a part-time job)? 

I plan to live off my full-time job as an FBI agent. I plan to do photography as a side job because  I still enjoy it. I really just want photography to be my outlet from work and life. 

What did you do this summer to move you toward your goals? What art have you seen this summer? How much work did you make? 

I had meetings with my professors to give them an update on my future plans as well as receive advice on those things. 

Do you have a portfolio of your work? Website? Blog? Can you tell me in 30 seconds what your work is about? Do it. 

My Instagram is my portfolio at the moment. I have been working on a website though it's under construction because I am still designing it. The main focus of my portfolio is abandoned photography. My work gravitates towards 

What artists, musicians, photographers, writers, movies, books have influenced you/your work? 

-Lee Jeffries, Photographer

-Ansel Adams, Photographer

-John Mayer, Musician

-Rupi Kaur, Writer

-Kelly Micheau, Photographer

-Christian Ritcher, Photographer

-Adam Jacobs, Photographer

-Rebecca Lilith Bathory, Photographer

-Dylan Murphy, Photographer

Please share any important websites that you are referencing for art/photo competitions and/or information. Name at least five of them. 

http://lenscratch.com/photographers/

https://photocontestdeadlines.com/all-photo-competitions/

https://texasphoto.org/

https://www.cqjournal.com/

https://independent-photo.com/


What do you feel is lacking in your education to prepare you for your future? What is lacking in your portfolio? Please be specific.

I think the lack of scholarships offered at my university for art students is intimidating. I expect there to be more scholarships that offer more money. Some students have to drop out of school because of money issues. Or they have to take out more student loans. I wish there was more funding for our art programs.

I haven't been fully committed to creating more work which is reflected in my portfolio. To have a strong portfolio, I need to spend more time shooting. Also, I need to improve my 

Why does someone want to hire you? What makes you unique?

I believe someone would want to hire me because I am a trustworthy and determined person. I strive to tell the truth and be honest always. And, I don't give up because I fight for what I want. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals & Plans Update

Cool News!