Art/Work Ch. 8-10

Ch. 8 - Rejection: It's Not You, It's Them
    There are a few things that I am not afraid of that other people are. For example, horror movies and insects. I am not afraid of heights, roller coasters, bees, clowns, snakes, dentists, you name it. There is however something I fear with my life and that is rejection. I fear rejection as a child would fear clowns or spiders. Rejection is the clown in my life.
    Rejection is a big part of life. Yeah, yeah, I know. Honestly, I don't think anyone enjoys getting rejected to their dream school or dream job. Shoot, I've gotten rejected for both of these things. I often fear rejection because I base my worth on success. I am being fair to myself, am I? 
    I think the image on page 208 is quite funny. I wish I had that kind of suit! Just reading these pages makes me reflect on the times that I entered my work for a photography competition. I had high hopes of receiving an email that said my work had been chosen. That didn't happen.
    The quote on page 208 is one that will linger in my thoughts for a while. I completely agree with this quote because as humans the desire to please the world often roots in the desire to prove that we can be successful. 
    I remember my first year as a photography student I didn't know what I was doing. I mean does anyone really? I didn't know what a critique was all about much less speak about my own work. I grew anxious as the days approached for my first critique. When the day finally came I didn't know what to expect. I didn't know I was going to end up in the restroom balling my eyes out from receiving so much negative feedback on my work. I thought I had done something wrong and I wanted to change my major that very instant. I was drowning in a puddle of regret for becoming a photography student. Well, you guessed it... I didn't quit. 

Ch. 9 - Getting Your Work to the Show
    I never thought about having to package my work until reading about it in this chapter. Reading the part about the gloves is something that should be common sense. It's like when you work in a studio doing product photography where you don't want to stain the products with your oily hands. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals & Plans Update

Cool News!