Art/Work Ch. 3-5

 Chapter 3: Submission Materials

Reading this chapter reminded me of the times I wanted to enter competitions and all the documents required to enter them. I dreaded the fact I had to review my resume, pick the best images, and write an artist statement. I think I dreaded this because I don't articulate words well. And, so that means that I would have someone else review my work which would take even longer to do.

The second paragraph makes sense by saying that I should have these sorts of documents prepared already. The only thing I have prepared is a headshot of myself should someone ask for it. I also have a project statement prepared which is something I worked on during this spring semester. 

Page 62: I really appreciate this section that talks about the dimensions of a photograph should be. I sometimes have a challenging time picking out the correct dimensions for my photos so this really helps me. 


Chapter 4: Promotion

During the month of February, I was struggling with my Instagram profile. I had a hard time choosing whether I should turn my personal Instagram page to my artist portfolio or should I just create a second account for my work. I know if I want to grow my online presence, I need to show my work and promote myself. I am still trying to figure out what I should do. 

I do think it's important for artists to promote themselves and be at least a little bit knowledgeable on how to create graphics. There are websites such as canva that I've used in the past to help me promote myself. Even if you are not that good with graphics, this website gives you access to free templates and all you have to do is type in your information and you're all set.


Chapter 5: Opening Your Studio

There was a period where all I was thinking about was opening up my own studio. I searched on Pinterest 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Goals & Plans Update

Cool News!